Hello, let’s welcome Fall, the season of crisp air, leaves turning color and days getting shorter with an “Old World”card! What is “Old World”?! It’s a style that is worn, slightly tattered, yet familiar and nostalgic. Finishings are distressed and faded. I love this look!
To create this card I am using the Poppystamps “Pondering Layered Deer” and the “Leafy Branch Oval”. The dies are from the Fall and Christmas 2022 releases. I hope you like it!
Here are the steps to create this card.
1. Die cut the Poppystamps “Pondering Layered Deer” out of kraft cardstock.
Die cut the scarf in burgundy.
2. Lightly blend brown ink on the deer to create shadow and interest.
3. Adhere the pieces together.
4. Using a fine tipped black marker, dot in the eye.
5. Using a snow marker, add highlights and spots on the deer. It does not need to be exact or realistic.
6. Die cut the Poppystamps “Leafy Branch Oval” in brown and yellow. Use small scraps for green, lime, yellow, orange and burgundy. They will be used for the leaves.
7. Take the yellow die cut and trim off the branches of the oval frame.
Distress the frame unevenly with brown ink.
8. Take the brown die cut and paint it in a wash of darker brown.
9. Trim green, lime, yellow, orange and burgundy leaves off the die cuts. Glue leaves onto the brown branches of the die cut.
10. Using a neutral cardfront, blend brown and green distress oxide inks mimicking an oval shape. Spritz water on each color and dry between applications for this effect.
11. Glue the finished “Leafy Branch Oval”on the card front.
12. Blend distress oxides and inks around the corners and edges. Trim down the cardfront to slightly smaller than an A2 size.
13. Glue the deer on the cardfront. Add a few leaves for embellishments and balance in the lower right corner.
14. Tie 1 mm burlap twine on the fold to complete the card.
Supplies I used. These dies can be purchased at http://www.poppystamps.com.
I hope my card finds you well. I love the heartwarming charm of this adorable deer. It has a timeless feel and I can see this deer in the forest, munching on leaves.
Both dies are great for so many occasions and events throughout the year.
Have a wonderful day!
I am on Instagram and TikTok @cardartbyrachel